Have a look at the presentation about “Learnings from SDC projects” (by Stefanie Kaegi)
Discussion points after the presentation (by Renate Lefroy, SDC Switzerland):
- Why did demand side support not lead to beeter effectiveness or higher sustainability?
- Where are the possible traps of demand-side financing?
- You need pre-existing farmer organisations NOT create new groups for the purpose of increasing demand-side
- Why does upscaling of participatory approaches lead to weakening of participative approaches?
- Training without institutionalization of the training content is not effective
- Research framework is very production-oriented: Dilemma between expectations and definitions
- What is the consequence of reluctance of governments to finance RAS, if donors do it already?
- Why should demand and supply side interventions be independent from each other?